Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Love and Relaxing, Love and Reality: Two Different Animals


Well, I'm back from vacation with my husband - IT WAS AMAZING! This beach girl lost a little bit of loyalty to the beach. The mountains surrounding Lake Tahoe were breath taking. They were a visable example of God's Greatest. I tried skiing and I emphasize tried. After getting off the ski lift I fell and then about 100 yards later began to cry and begged to take my skiis off and walk the rest of the way down. My husband, of course, did not let me do this. He was so patient with me - I said every other second that as soon as I made it down the moutain he would NEVER see me in another pair of skiis again. Needless to say, after may bruises and falls, I did make it and I will never do it again. But --- I can now say I have skied and it was horendous. I did love the snow, sledding, the cabin, the views, and everything else about our time away, though.

My husband and I were able to connect in a way that we haven't done in a long time. We were totally focused on one another, care free, stress free, and kid free! I fell in love with him 100 times in those five days. He looked more handsome to me than ever before, with his messy ski hat hair, and big snow boots. We flirted and joked and just reveled in one another. Easy to do when you are that relaxed and enjoying your surroundings as much as we were.

It wasn't until we got home that I realized how much I love this man that I married. Coming back to reality is always stressful and depressing. We went to bed late the night we returned, and both had to go to work the next day. Kids needed to be dressed, breakfast needed to be on the table, back packs needed packing, hats and gloves needed to be found, and I just wasn't ready for this to be my reality yet. I stood in the garage and watched my husband buckling our daughter into her seat, and I realized that I was even more in love with him now than I was over the last five days. I love that my reality is with him. Don't get me wrong, I loved our relaxation time together, but the relaxatioin will always end and their will always be reality. How thankful I am that I am married to a man that I can love just as much in the realities of life as in the relaxations of life. How about you? How are you doing in loving your spouse in the realities of life?

1 comments:

amber said...

I'm so glad you had such a good time...it's sounds amazing! And I so know what you're saying about coming back to reality...it's hard. But how great to experience "reality" with an incredible husband/best friend/lover/father. God is good isn't He?! Anyway, glad you had a great time!