Monday, December 22, 2008

Everyone Needs a Cream Puff


I love cream puffs! I make them whenever I want to impress someone, but want to be sure not to screw it up. They are so easy, but look like they should be very complicated. Here's my recipe:




1 cup of water

1/2 cup of butter (1 stick)

1 cup of flour

4 eggs

Heat water and butter to rolling boil. Stir in flour. Stir vigorously over low heat about 1 minute or until mixture forms a ball. Remove from heat. Beat in eggs one at a time (I use a mixer). Continue beating until smooth. Drop by 1/8 cup spoonfuls (2 Tbs.). 3" apart on a cookie sheet. Don't make them pretty - they are prettier if the less round they are. Bake for 35-40 minutes @ 350 degrees. Cool. Cut off tops and pull out any dough inside. Fill with vanilla or chocolate pudding and replace tops. Finish by dusting them with powdered sugar and/or drizzling with chocolate. Great Christmas treat! Makes about 16 puffs.

**Note: You will probably want to eat these the day they are made as they tend to get soggy with filling sitting in them.**

1 comments:

amber said...

These are so yummy. I used the recipe last week and my hubby loved them. Thanks!

Amber
www.tosaveapenny.blogspot.com